Want to learn more about the E4Texas post-secondary program at the University of Texas-Austin? Interested in hearing personal testimonies from current E4Texas students? Watch the E4Texas Virtual Open House to learn more and ask questions about how you can apply to this transition program!
The application for the 2023-24 school year is now open!
Deadline to apply is January 31, 2023. For any questions about the program, please email Destiny Garza at firstname.lastname@example.org.
E4Texas is a post-secondary opportunity for people with or without a disability, who are over the age of 18, who have a high school diploma, and are employment-focused.
The E4Texas 3-semester experience combines classroom instruction with practical career building experiences, independent living skills, and self-determination.
During the course, students will learn the main aspects of independent living, will receive their caretaker certification, and will be supported as they find jobs in their final semester.
E4Texas has four goals:
- Empower Texans to become self-determined & independent.
- Educate Texans to gain employment, professional, and independent living skills.
- Employ Texans in the areas of caregiving.
- Give Texans the tools they need to excel in life!
E4Texas is a tuition-based program. Students who are current customers with the Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) may qualify for assistance with tuition. Contact your TWC counselor to get more information on qualifications. If you are not a TWC customer, you can contact them to inquire about registering as a customer.
For more information contact:
2023-2024 Application Open
- Click here for the online application.
- Click here for Frequently Asked Questions and a summary of the application process.
- Click here to provide references for applicants.
- Click here to watch Program Coordinator Joe Tate discuss E4Texas on YouTube.
- View our 2021 Graduation video.
- View our 2020 Graduation video.
- View our 2019 Graduation video.