The Parents and Children Setting Goals Together (PACT) project provides training to parents/caregivers of children with autism, ages 3-22, on two topics: Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) principles/practices, and Transition to Adulthood. To date, we have served 195 parents.
We are currently enrolling parents in our FREE, on-demand, Transition to Adulthood webinar workshop. (There is no specific date for the webinar; listen at a time that is convenient for you.)
In the webinar workshop, parents will:
- Learn about the transition-to-adulthood process
- Learn about transition services as required by the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), as well as actions they can take to support the development of their child’s post-secondary goals, as a member of their child’s ARD (Admission, Review, and Dismal) Team
- Learn about career exploration activities, employment soft skills, adult services, and community resources that may be helpful for their child
We will follow up with registration materials and resources you will need to actively participate in the webinar. (Please note we will contact you in the first week of the month following your registration, as new parent groups are started at the beginning of each month, through April, 2019.)
For more information or questions, please contact Nina Zuna email@example.com
And, if you are wondering whether this webinar would be helpful to you, read some feedback from a few parents who have already participated:
- Excellent workshop! Really enjoyed the parent perspective and the practicality that it brought into my own experience.
- Very interesting and informational.
- This was a very informative workshop. I learned SO much.
- Very informative and presented in a very relatable manner.
- AWESOME job in sharing important topics with transition! Very thorough! Thanks!
- Great. Thank you!
The PACT project is funded by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board.