Healthy Relationships Workshops
All people deserve accurate information on healthy relationships. Healthy relationships require information on bodies, communication, consent, sexuality, sexually transmitted infections, and resources on where to find support. These workshops use the curriculum developed by Katherine McLaughlin “Sexuality Education for People with Developmental Disabilities.”
Topics covered include:
- Many roads to relationships
- Different types of relationships
In this ten week course, students will gain a better understanding of the nuances of healthy relationships, how to recognize unsafe behaviors, and how to effectively communicate with friends and significant others.
Information and resources will be provided to caregivers and support staff to encourage communication and knowledge. A separate course is available for family members and support staff.
- Classes are 2x/week for 10 weeks. Each class is approx. 1.5 hours.
- A minimum of eight students and a maximum of ten students per class.
- Participants are requested to attend all sessions.
- Organizations: $2000 for 10 students
- Self-Advocates: $150 per student
For more information contact:
- Nick Winges-Yanez
The Healthy Relationships Workshop is a project of the Texas Center for Disability Studies.