Why would I want to complete the portfolio in Critical Disability Studies?
- If you are interested in disability and disability-related issues, this is an excellent portfolio to complete. It demonstrates your commitment to expanding your knowledge and awareness of disability issues, and your creativity in developing a cross-disciplinary program of study. This portfolio should give you a broad-based educational experience designed to promote innovative perspectives and develop leaders in the field of Critical Disability Studies.
Who do I contact if I just want more information about this portfolio?
- The Texas Center for Disability Studies will happily answer any questions or discuss your interests. We can be reached at (512) 232-0772 or by e-mail: email@example.com
How will anyone know I’ve done this? Do I get a degree or a certificate or something?
- The portfolio designation will be written on your transcript. You will certainly want to note it on your resume, particularly if you are listed as a trainee at the Texas Center for Disability Studies.
Are there any fees or costs associated with this?
- None, other than the tuition and fees you pay for your courses.
Are there any funding opportunities associated with this portfolio program?
- Doctoral students are eligible to apply for a traineeship at the Texas Center for Disability Studies. Traineeship requirements are negotiated individually, however, they may include some work experience and research opportunities.
Is there a degree in Critical Disability Studies offered at UT-Austin?
- No, the portfolio program is not a degree program. The portfolio is an interdisciplinary minor.