The Texas Center for Disability Studies seeks collaborations with our campus and community to both share expertise with and learn from one another.
- The Texas Center for Disability Studies partners with the Services for Students with Disabilities at the University of Texas Austin to facilitate a speaker series for the 2016/17 academic year.
- The Texas Center for Disability Studies facilitates a multidisciplinary work group focused on growing the Disability Studies Portfolio into an online and in-person Minor for students at the University of Texas Austin.
- The Texas Technology Program partners with the CARE Initiative with a goal to promote multidisciplinary research collaborations to investigate and address impairments from multiple perspectives, including clinical, engineering, and neuroscience.
- The Texas Center for Disability Studies works with local community groups to identify transition needs of the Latino community related to post-secondary outcomes.
- The Texas Center for Disability Studies joined forces with the School of Nursing, the Sonoran UCEDD, the Association of University Centers on Developmental Disability, Special Olympics and the Center for Disease Control to develop a curriculum for health influencers to incorporate people with intellectual disabilities when developing promising practices, policy and programs to facilitate healthy weight.