Healthy Relationships Workshops
All people deserve accurate information on healthy relationships. Healthy relationships require information on bodies, communication, consent, sexuality, sexually transmitted infections, and resources on where to find support. These workshops use resources curated by Dr. Nick Winges-Yanez. Dr. Winges-Yanez has been teaching healthy relationship skills to self-advocates for over 8 years.
Topics covered include:
- Anatomy and Physiology
In these courses, students will gain a better understanding of the nuances of healthy relationships, how to recognize unsafe behaviors, and how to effectively communicate with friends and significant others.
Information and resources will be provided to caregivers and support staff to encourage communication and knowledge. A separate course is available for family members and support staff.
Workshops for Self-Advocates
- A minimum of eight students and a maximum of ten students per class.
- Participants are requested to attend all sessions.
- Workshops are 10 weeks with two sessions per week. Each session is 1 ½ hours with a 15-minute break.
- Organizations can customize the number of sessions and which sessions are presented. For example, an organization may request only five sessions over a 5-week period.
- Each student pays $100 per workshop.
- If travel is involved, this will be negotiated with the organization on an individual basis.
For more information contact:
- Nick Winges-Yanez