PACT: Parents and Children Setting Goals Together
The Texas Center for Disability Studies received a grant to provide training to parents of children with autism to learn about the transition to adulthood process.
We are currently enrolling parents in our FREE, on-demand, Transition to Adulthood webinar workshop. To determine eligibility, click here or visit: https://bit.ly/2PIJaru
After completing our demographic questionnaire for the study, we will send you the webinar registration and resource materials.
In the webinar workshop, parents will:
- Learn about the transition-to-adulthood process.
- Learn about transition services as required by the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), as well as actions they can take to support the development of their child’s post-secondary goals, as a member of their child’s ARD (Admission, Review, and Dismal) Team.
- Learn about career exploration activities, employment soft skills, adult services, and community resources that may be helpful for their child.
And, if you are wondering whether this webinar would be helpful to you, read some feedback from a few parents who have already participated:
- Excellent workshop! Really enjoyed the parent perspective and the practicality that it brought into my own experience.
- Very interesting and informational.
- This was a very informative workshop. I learned SO much.
- Very informative and presented in a very relatable manner.
- AWESOME job in sharing important topics with transition! Very thorough! Thanks!
- Great. Thank you!
This project is funded by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board.
For more information or questions, please contact Nina Zuna firstname.lastname@example.org